SRD r350 grants are now governed by the Social Assistance Act 2004 (Act No. 13 of 2004), which is implemented in accordance with the Minister of Finance. Applicants are invited to apply for the grant every month, and they are either accepted or rejected by the 15th of the month.
Out of 11.4 million applicants, only 5.2 million applications were approved, which is less than 50% of the total applications. Don’t worry if your Sassa application has been canceled! You will find step-by-step instructions in this guide on how to reinstate your canceled Sassa account.
How to Request the Reinstatement of an SRD R350 Grant Application
The Sassa relief grant can be canceled at any time by a Sassa beneficiary. The reasons for canceling SRD grants can include no longer being in a financial crisis, feeling that the grant is no longer necessary, finding a job with a monthly salary, or finding alternative financial resources.
In the event that you have canceled your SRD grant and are experiencing financial difficulties again, you may apply for reinstatement. Sassa has activated the reinstate module for applicants in crisis.
These instructions will guide you through the reinstatement process online:
- Visit the SRD website: srd.sassa.gov.za.
- Click on the link titled ‘Reinstate My Canceled Grant Application’.
- Click on the button that reads “Click Here to Reinstate Online.”
- Please enter your ID number and mobile phone number in the form and click “Send Pin”.
- An SMS text notification will contain a one-time pin (OTP code).
- Enter the OTP code in the required field.
- Click on the “Verify Pin” button.
- Select the reason for reinstating the grant, such as mistakenly canceled, no income, etc.
- A message will appear asking if you are sure you want to reinstate the grant. Click “Yes” to proceed if you agree.
Requirements for Receiving the R350 Grant
Sassa requires applicants to verify their identity, residential information, income proof, or social security benefits before considering their SRD grant application. Additionally, applicants must accept the declaration and consent to complete the submission process. To verify the threshold limit of beneficiary income and other verification processes, existing beneficiaries are required to reapply for the Sassa grant of R350.
You need to meet the following criteria to reapply for the grant; otherwise, the Sassa official will reject your application:
- There must be no other source of income for you and you must be unemployed.
- Your monthly earning should be R624 or less.
- There are several requirements to obtain a special permit, including being a South African citizen, holding a resident permit in SA, holding refugee status, or seeking asylum.
- You must be between 18 to 59 years old.
- You must live within the borders of South Africa.
- You must be registered on the Home Affairs database.
- You must register on Sassa’s social grant database if you lack identity documents.
- Neither you should live in a government facility nor receive any government benefits.
- It is not necessary for you to receive any other grants from Sassa.
- If you have already reapplied, there is no need to apply again since it can cause a delay in processing your application due to interruptions and confusion in the Sassa system.
A confirmation message will be sent by Sassa as soon as an application has been submitted successfully. Applicants will also receive a confirmation message before the 15th of every month, informing them if they have been approved. You can also check the status of your Sassa application. As a result of Sassa, South African citizens are able to apply every month for the grant, ensuring that no one goes hungry or suffers from unemployment.
The Sassa SRD grant can be reactivated for individuals who have previously canceled their grant. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the grant, please contact SASSA through their provided contact information. SASSA’s Toll-Free number is 0800 60 10 11, they can also be reached by email at [email protected], or you can visit their website at www.sassa.gov.za.