The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) distributes more than 18 million permanent grants to vulnerable individuals living in South Africa every month. These individuals rely on these Sassa grant payments, which allow them to purchase basic goods and access essential services.
R350 grants were temporarily introduced to help people who lost economic opportunities as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Candidate must be unemployed, between the ages of 18 and 59, and earn less than R624 per month to qualify for this grant. check Sassa Status Check for R350
SASSA Status Check
All applicants should check their application status regularly, as Sassa may request additional information or documentation.
Here’s how to check your grant application status:
- Visit the SASSA SRD grant website
- Go to ‘Application status
- Click on ‘Click here to check online
- Fill in the required fields
- After that, you should be able to see the status of your R350 grant application
If applicants need additional assistance tracking their applications, they can also call the SASSA call center at 0800 601 011.
Furthermore, Sassa has reminded applicants that if their application is rejected, they may appeal it via the Sassa website if they believe the reason is invalid.
In this appeal process, Sassa reevaluates the unsuccessful application.
Submit a SASSA grant appeal
- Visit the Sassa website.
- Click on the green bar that says ‘click here to lodge an appeal or check the status of your appeal’.
- Enter your ID number.
- Please enter your cell phone number.
- When you click on ‘send pin’, you will receive an SMS that contains the verification pin.
- Enter the pin and click ‘submit’.
- You can submit an appeal for any month.
- You can choose the reason for your appeal by selecting the drop-down arrow.
- Click submit
SRD Grant Appeals Work
SRD grant recipients may appeal R350 grants through the Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance (ITSAA).
Sassa reports that ITSAA uses various databases to verify information provided by appeal applicants. Personal information and income information are also confirmed through the databases.
Following the Independent Tribunal’s processing of your appeal, you will be notified of the outcome electronically, within 60-90 days from the time your appeal was lodged.